FAQ’s for Consulting
- What does TalentMarks do?
- How does the consulting program work?
- How long are the consulting engagements?
- What does the college get out of it?
- Why don't we dot this ourselves?
1. What does TalentMarks do?
TalentMarks provides career coaching and training to graduating seniors and alumni. We introduce students and alumni to highly competent, certified career coaches.
2. How does the consulting program work?
Yes! In fact the last 3 graduating classes have had less than 25 percent of the graduating class get jobs by graduation day. That means the last three graduating classes are also competing each other for the limited jobs.
3. How long are the consulting engagements?
Why does an athlete have a coach? A coach will help you see things you don’t see. Your coach will offer suggestions and ideas as you plan your career and will help push, nudge and encourage you to shoot for higher goals. You end up achieving more with less effort.
4. What does the college get out of it?
Few people have taken the time to build a career strategy. Our four TalentCourses are designed to help you not only build a career strategy you can use for life, but to learn what you don’t know so you can “nail” interviews, meet the right people and make a good first impression.
5. Why don't we do this ourselves?
You can get some training from your career center, but if your career center is like most, they don’t have the resources nor the time. We take a different tact. We focus less on your resume and more on your career strategy, what industries are best for you and who you need to meet to get a job.